27 December 2010

Snow, ice and slush

After a period of cold and flu I finally went for a run today.  I dressed up warmly and wore my trendy Saucony green top, my son said I looked like a Christmas Elf!  You really can't be too sensitive when you're a Dad of three teenage sons, sigh.

I was a little apprehensive as it was a mixture of ice, slush, compacted snow and more ice.  Time to test my new Yak Trax ice cleats, last year's cheapo ice cleats broke after falling off numerous times.  The Yak Trax Pro ice cleats have a strap over the top so if they unclip they stay on your feet.  Unclipped ice cleats wouldn't have been too serious today but in deep soft snow it would have been difficult to find them (as I have experience of).  Anyway, the Yak Trax performed very well and I didn't slip once :-) Yak Trax and Gortex Salomon Running Shoes proved to be an excellent combination - I can be such a Geek!



Scenery was beuatiful with frozen streams.  I didn't take Fleet (my dog) today as it was my first run for a little while and I wanted to check that the Yak Trax worked okay. Oh yes, I ran 7.5 miles at an easy pace - feeling good ;-)

No comments:

Creative Commons License