05 June 2012

#Juneathon Day 4 - smiling people, pride and dancing in a graveyard

Went for another run with my faithful dog and everybody was so friendly :-)  The Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations has definitely had a very positive effect on the people here, almost every person I ran past smiled and said hello!  I'm sure it wasn't quite the same with Golden Jubilee. 

I must say that the jubilee celebrations have made me feel proud to be British ... but I also feel proud that we can have a protest against the monarchy, and it is reported (by many), and it is tolerated (by many), and it is respected (by some ... hopefully many). 

But enough of that and my political views. I ran 6 miles today, got home and then dashed off to the Denham Village Fair, carefully skirting around all the road closures and street parties.  There we watched my youngest son perform a group street dance in a graveyard - I think they carefully cut out the 'Thriller' section out of respect.  He danced really well and I felt very proud. So a good day :-)

Finally just to add that Fleet's and my Juneathon total is now 20 miles. 

No comments:

Creative Commons License