11 January 2007

Back?

Hmm.

Sorry about the dust that has gathered on this blog. So much for how therapeutic I find writing a blog!

Oh well, here I am for now. What happened?

A combination of things really ... I haven't mentioned it on my blog before but my Dad died of cancer in March last year. Then a few months later I found out my Mum had cancer and she has been undergoing chemotherapy. The good news is that a few weeks ago we found out that the cancer seems to have gone. My Mum is still receiving chemotherapy but the future is looking much brighter.

I didn't particularly want to discuss this on my blog but it was not all that easy to write about much else ... but that is only a suspected reason for no posts since September.

Other things?

I've been trying to make headway into a long story I am writing (it would seem a bit precocious to call it a novel) ... okay, I have to admit it's not very long yet ... but it will grow. Sadly, unlike plants, it doesn't grow very much when kept in a dark drawer.

Growth - reminds me of our puppy! We now have a Border Collie puppy called Fleet. Border Collie puppies are medium sized dogs, yes? Well our puppy's father was called Hercules!! :-s

More later, time for tea and bed. At least I've cleaned the dust off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Good news about your mum's progress, and I completely understand why you wouldn't necessarily want to share her illness with the universe. Anyway, fingers crossed, and happy new year etc etc. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenks!
Good to see you again. Good news about your mum, do send her my love. And good luck with your novella - looking forward to hearing all about it.

Jenks said...

KW and Clarice: Thanks.

KW: I need to get back into the habit of posting again.

Clarice: Ah yes, my uhhh ... story. All will be revealed in time ;-)

Creative Commons License