09 July 2005

Dancing Dads

I actually quite like dancing but nobody else is that inspired by my attempts. My wife says that if I was more serious when I danced then maybe she'd think more of my dancing - she's probably right.

Well today at breakfast I started dancing near my youngest son who is 7.
"Stop it Dad"

"I'm just dancing", I said as I made what I thought was a particularly good move to a change in tempo that took me in front of the window.

A look of grave concern came over my 7 year old's face and he pointed to the window and said, "People walk passed our house you know .... they might see you!"

Oh well, I shall just have to dance privately - have you ever tried dancing when you're taking the dishes out of the dishwasher? Try it some time - just keep away from windows!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a dancing Dad - that would be an impossiblity as I am female but I think the old addage "sing as if no-one is listening, dance as if no-one is watching" should be used at all times - don't let those children inhibit you. The answer to the window question - let them get dirty and then no nosey parkers can see in anyway.

Creative Commons License