25 November 2005

Chip and Pin again ...

Am I the only Dad that has an eight year old (he's got older since the last post) that is desperate to know my credit card pin number? He is fine when I draw money out of an ATM but he just can't control the desire to see if he can figure out my pin.

The other day (night actually) we were shopping at Tescos and he thought he'd figured out a few numbers of my pin, so he started shouting them out. This was pretty terrifying as it was quite late and they were filling the shelves (I know we should not have been finishing our shopping at 11pm at night with an eight year old in tow but sometimes ...), and you must know the kind of people that shop at 11pm at night ... (besides me, of course).

Now I know I should have got cross but if you could have seen his face you would realise that he really could not control his curiosity. So now I pretty much hug the keypad which probably makes everybody else in the queue feel rather uncomfortable. So if you are in a queue behind a parent with a sub 10 year old and he's hugging the keypad as he punches his pin in then you can probably relax - he/she doesn't think you look suspicious, unless you're shopping in Tescos at 11pm. By the way, he doesn't actually know my pin yet - I'm winning, yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could play a version of Mastermind with him. Get him to guess and then say 'Well, you've got one number right'...

It should take him a good feww months to work it out like that, especially if you're shopping habits improve.

Then, when you get to three numbers right, simply change the PIN number and start all over again! Endless fun.

Creative Commons License