04 November 2005

David Davis - refreshing politics?

Well, after watching Question Time I'd say that the Conservatives are out of touch if they vote in David Cameron - I just don't think they will win with him as leader, not in the next election anyway.

He would be up against Gordon Brown and it would look like a contest between Gordon Brown and Tony Blair - we've have that one already.

David Davis is a fresh alternative. Last night he seemed calm and confident. His answers to questions were both considered and knowledgeable, and he seemed very calm and composed without being arrogant. I partly agree with Clive Davis when he says:
More to the point, they both came across as human beings, which is a rare feat for Tory politicians.

I think that Cameron was too Blair-like. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that against Blair but in this time of fashionable politics I'd say that Cameron is 'so last year'. With Davis leading the Conservatives I 'might' even be tempted to vote for them ... but not if they are going to waste more time on discussing hunting, but that is another topic for another day - perhaps.

Davis might not only win the Conservatives the next election, he might win a few people back to politics. I think a Brown/Davis clash would be good for politics - they both seem to have an honesty that would be truly refreshing.

No comments:

Creative Commons License