28 November 2005

Has your Romantic Love run dry?

Well it seems from this BBC News article that romantic love is all down to a protein called NGF and sadly romantic love only lasts a year. Once this chemical has run dry so does the romantic love.

'Ahhhhh, now I knew that', many men will say but do women feel the same way? Does this mean that 'being romantic' has nothing to do with romantic love? So ladies, why the big problem with flowers? Surely the cessation of flowers coincides with the cessation of NGF - explained! It's not the fault of men, it's this protein thingy - it runs out, you see. Brothers, we have been absolved.

Alas, I fear not. I'm not sure that line of defense will work. Something tells me there is more to this, far more. Those flowers have a greater meaning. However, I will work it out one day, I will, I will ... But until then, better to play on the safe side and buy the flowers - oh dear, I haven't bought any recently!! Better pop out before my dear wife reads this ...



... phew! My wife notes that it appears be men that have conducted the research - did nobody ever point out to them that they would never win the argument?!?

No comments:

Creative Commons License