01 June 2015

Blowing off the dust on my blog with a review ...

Had a great time at a wedding over the weekend and also met up with Robert Sharp so I thought I'd blow the dust off my blog with a a review of his novella. Oh yes, and its been nominated for the Shirley Jackson Award in the novella category so all the more reason to read it :-)


I found this fast moving Egyptology sci-fi fantasy mix a great read. The story has two threads, one set in ancient Egypt and the other set in present day. The author flips between these two threads at an ever increasing pace as the action intensifies and the mystery is unveiled. This is so refreshing, the reader is not left frustratingly on a cliff hanger to only wade through yet another chapter by which time the pace has diminished somewhat.

Naturally, I’m not going to unveil the mystery or reveal the thrill of the action but this novella was compulsive reading and I’d definitely recommend it. I normally prefer longer reads but this novella has changed my mind. I’ve now got to wait for Robert Sharp’s next book! I wonder if this one will be made into a film?

No comments:

Creative Commons License