26 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 25 - explosions, postbox smashing, 10 miles and a 'ThreeBook Problem' I have

Still had some soreness but decided to go for a run anyway.  Legs felt very tired, I think I need an extended rest! So difficult to get going but felt better after about 6 miles, a bit like an old rusty engine. Ran 10 miles altogether and my wife did Zumba.

In other news we had some excitement when some gas cylinders exploded at a local Scout campsite. Fortunately nobody was hurt, silly neighbour had a fire burning close to the campsite's gas bottle store.

All this excitement! It was only on early Sunday morning that thieves smashed the postbox across the road with a sledge hammer, and no I didn't hear a thing. All these happenings has put our sleepy village in the news.

The book I received to review (see my last post) presents me with a bit of a problem, more of a 'Three Book Problem' rather than a 'Three Body Problem' (the name of the trilogy.  I'm presently reading a book for the book club, which interrupted a Murakami book I was reading (in the background I've been reading 'War and Peace' but find this very easy to return to although I forget the names, it's a bit like a soap really).  Well, now I have to read 'The Dark Forest' for a book review prior to it's launch.  I've suggested to the other book club members that maybe we read 'The Three-Body Problem' (the first in the trilogy which I've read) so that I get some time to read the 'The Dark Forest'. Notice how I cunningly discounted 'War and Peace' to enable me to use the 'Three Book Problem' title ;-) 'I will probably be lynched for suggesting 'War and Peace' is a soap!

 The Three-Body Problem

No comments:

Creative Commons License