30 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 29 - engineering talks and a 'sleep'

The night before (although I didn't mention it in my previous post after our Cambridge outing) I was updating a career's presentation on engineering for a local grammar school.  Not just any grammar school but the school all three of my sons have been to (my youngest is still there in sixth form). First thing I set off for the school.

Unfortunately I was unable to get into the classroom to setup despite arriving earlier.  This was a little worrying as my PowerPoint presentation included some embedded videos which sometimes present a problem to classroom AV systems. I anticipated correctly! Fortunately I had a plan B and everything was up and running but I lost about 15 minutes.

The sixth former's were very good and it was an interactive session.  Needless to say I didn't manage to finish my presentation but that wasn't a problem.

An hour later and I was prepared for my second presentation and confident I'd get through it this time. Again, another even larger bunch of interactive and engaged sixth former's meant I didn't finish my presentation again! Previous years I have managed to finish it but on reflection the discussion and questions in these last two sessions were quite encouraging.

Returned home and I was so tired! The long running sessions, early mornings and going out the day before had taken their toll. I decided that I would do what my body was telling me so I ... slept! So one Juneathon 'sleep' and my wife had a Zumba session.

No comments:

Creative Commons License