14 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 13 - regattas, a royal barge and a trail run of 30 miles with a new pack

Today (13th) I did a long run from home to just past Henley along the Thames Path. 15 miles out and 15 miles back. Started and ended with a steep hill. Almost all the route was trail and a bit slippery which is definitely quite a bit slower going than prepared path or road. The ultra I'm doing in July will be  trail so this was more representative.

Queen's royal barge dazzles at drizzly regatta


On the way I went through Marlow Regatta so lots of dodging teams carrying boats, people dressed up for th enclosure, kids running around - but it was fun and interesting. Went past the royal barge, Gloriana, which was taking part in local Magna Carta celebrations.

As you can see it was not sunny weather but good for running I guess, it's not my photo by the way. Eventually arrived in Henley where preparations are under way for the Henley Royal Regatta which is the weekend before the Race to the Stones ultra. We are attending it for the first time so that should be fun.


For the first time I ran with the Salomon S-Lab 12 litre pack.  It was very comfortable and allowed me to carry 2.5 litres of water which used up over 30 miles.



Arrived home and then helped my eldest son to unpack a very full Espace with all the stuff from his university room.  Finished and then 10 minutes later we had friends over for dinner, so it was altogether a very busy day.

Juneathon commitment upheld, another 30 miler and my wife did another Zumba class :-)

No comments:

Creative Commons License