18 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 17 - the incline, The Wall ultra-marathon and Sophie's blog

I decided to do a session at the gym today. My eldest son's (Trevor) girlfriend (Sophie) suggested gradually increasing the inclination on the treadmill up to 15%. I think she said to level it each time but instead I ran for a period and then recovered walking. I then gradually increased the inclination in 1% steps always running at each inclination.  By the time I was at 15% I was getting really tired! It was pretty humid and warm in the gym so I was sweating quite a bit.  A personal trainer kept glancing over at me, he was either concerned or surprised (or both) at this middle aged man (probably concerned).

After my gradually increasing inclination session I dropped the inclination to zero.  I then did a short run at 10 mph which felt so much easier when the treadmill was level, after which I warmed down. Finished off with another good stretching session.

My wife did another Zumba workout so we were properly Juneathoned.

You really need to visit Sophie's blog at sophiedidwhat.blogspot.co.uk which is a mix of beauty product reviews and fitness events. She's running 'The Wall' (Hadrian's Wall) on Saturday which is an ultra-marathon of 69 miles - I think she might be the youngest competitor!

No comments:

Creative Commons License