22 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 21 - Father's Day, ankles stiff so ...

On Father's Day I knew I was going to struggle to fit exercise in.  My middle son was visiting from Birmingham and went back at 5pm.  My youngest son came back from work at about 6.30pm and my eldest son was driving home from York and would be home 8.30ish, so I decided to try go on a run in the time in between.

However, my ankles were not feeling quite right.  They have been a bit stiff and near my left heel it felt a bit tender and swollen.  I did this either on the inclined treadmill running session or the 33 mile trail run on Thursday, not sure which?  Anyway, I didn't think it was worth risking any further injury as I'm now tapering for the 100km ultra in just under 3 weeks.

I ended up doing my ITBS rehab strengthening routine and some core work followed by a good stretching session. My wife was doing a Zumba routine at the same time. So that was my Juneathon.

No comments:

Creative Commons License