03 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 3 - bug splatter and a new connection

I managed to go for a run a little earlier this evening and it was warm and sunny too. It was so good running across the fields with Fleet, it felt more like summer :-) It was really hard to start though, I felt really tired and my legs felt heavy but after half a mile I warmed up and it was okay.

I did, however, experience a bit of bug splatter - poor bugs drowning in my sweat, my family were not very impressed.

This was the longest run I've done in my new Hokas and they seem fine so hopefully they will help in my long run this weekend - if I'm really lucky I might even do a back-to-back run, fingers crossed.

I did have to throw one of my Thorlos socks away as the heel had worn a bit too much, it's hard to say goodbye to running socks :-(

Accepted a Facebook friend request today from the runner I crossed the finish line of the London Marathon with hand-in-hand.  He's just completed the Comrades and I think grew up in Kwazulu Natal like I did, very pleased we've made the connection :-) 



8 Juneathon running miles today making it a total of 13 Juneathon miles so far.  My wife has now done three nights of Zumba too.  Fleet is at 13 miles as well.


No comments:

Creative Commons License