04 June 2015

#Juneathon Day 4 - Cross training ... ummm doing Zumba!

Well I had to have a go with my wife, in the privacy of our home, with the curtains drawn of course ... I had a go at Zumba ;-)

Now I'm a middle aged man, proper middle aged (i.e. over 50). If you are in your 40s don't call yourself middle aged, it hasn't really happened yet. But when you hit 50, that's when you realise that you've probably expended half your life. Anyway, I was saying, I'm middle aged and a man, and I've discovered (mainly from my sons) that no matter what I do I will never look cool (can I even say that word 'cool') plus I'm a dad which negates any residual 'coolness' that might be sticking. So no matter what I do, I'm never going to look cool doing Zumba!


Funny, well I can do that without trying too hard. So my wife was very encouraging but also had a good laugh. It was actually quite a good workout and probably helped my ITBS.  It did require a great deal of concentration though, far more than I would concentrate running.  The young ladies on the video were very encouraging too, they weren't laughing (fortunately).

Gina Grant and Tanya Beardsley, my Zumba teachers - I'm encouraged to watch their every move ;-)
Will I do it again? Well, one good thing about getting older is that you don't care as much about what people think so I will do it again. You know what? If I learn a few steps and feel confident enough I might even go to a class ;-)  How to embarrass your children :-)

In other news, for the first time in my life I've joined a political party!

Janathon totals are the same as yesterday plus Zumba (not for Fleet though).

No comments:

Creative Commons License