01 January 2015

#Janathon Day 1 - Super geekiness, aching legs and grumbling

On my first blog post for a little while and the first day of Janathon my super geeky Garmin watch told me that my recovery was 'fair' this morning, rubbish, I hadn't recovered at all! It was telling me that I should wait 72 hours after my seven mile run yesterday, that's not going to happen. Of course it hadn't factored in ingested alcohol last night and minimal sleep, it was a hard 3.38 miles during which time I grumbled about Janathon and Cathy (sorry Cathy). 

Anyway Janathon has started, I won't be running tomorrow as I think I need to go to gym as my legs ache.  I figured that I need to rotate the aching around my body during Janathon.

I can bore you with statistics from my watch but it tells me that my VO2 max has gone up from yesterday, how is that possible.  I was really in quite a bad shape this morning, I crawled, ached and puffed those 3.38 miles, I am confused?

Fleet (my dog) also did 3.38 miles, he didn't grumble and appeared not to be aching or puffing much.

In other news I have entered the Fleet Half Marathon today and I'm running the Great Welsh Marathon in April - I am way behind in my training so roll on Janathon, sigh!

Janathon total: 3.38miles

No comments:

Creative Commons License