13 January 2015

#Janathon Day 12 - it's all about the figures

It was wet, then it was dark and then I decided to go to the gym instead. 

So we went on a family trip to the gym where I concentrated on a higher intensity workout. Just over three miles at a tempo pace and just under a mile of sprints. My average heart rate over the whole session was 81% HRmax with a peak of 177bpm.  

Tempo session was at a cadence of between 177spm and 180spm.  Sprints went up to just over 200spm with a maximum of 220spm. I really want to be shifting my average cadence higher.

Once I've figured out how to dynamically use vertical oscillation and ground contact time I might try using these in this type of session but last night was about heat rate more than anything.

I ran a total distance last night of 4.13 miles.  Janathon running total is now 54.51 miles.

Rehearsal tonight so I shall have to fit a run in around lunch.

No comments:

Creative Commons License