08 January 2015

#Janathon Day 7 - found but hidden strangely, my tyres, a flying lesson, Buteyko and an 'eish' reference

I found it.

I found it in a really odd place?

I found my Garmin heart rate monitor in between the pocket lining and outer shell of my youngest son's jacket - it's a mystery how it got there?

Good day at work today as we made some progress debugging one of the designs we're working on - happiness and relief.

This turning out to be a costly few weeks on cars, all of the tyres on both of our cars have been replaced and the rear disc pads on my car will be replaced on Friday - eish!

Gym night tonight. I did a warm up on the treadmill 1.39 miles in 11:33 minutes. Then I did my upper body weights session. The whole session took about and hour.

Rehearsal tomorrow night so I need to fit a run in during lunch tomorrow, I'm not very good at stopping in time for lunch and have ended up running in the dark.  I hope I remember my lines for the rehearsal!! I'll be 'combat challenging' a 'latten bilbo'.

Also hoping for good weather on Sunday as I've booked flying lesson that my brother and sister gave me for my birthday, it's been canceled three times so far, twice for bad weather and once because I had a chest infection (I actually had an asthma attack).

Talking of asthma I've ordered a book on Buteyko breathing:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Close-Your-Mouth-Buteyko-Breathing/dp/0954599616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420677254&sr=8-1&keywords=close+your+mouth
Does anybody have any experience of this technique?  Does anybody know how to pronounce 'Buteyko'?

Hopefully it helps my asthma.  I was considering taking singing lessons to see if that helps my breathing and for fun of course.

Enough rambling, my Janathon running total is now 30.29 miles.

('eish' is a South Africanism - I leave it to the reader to work out what it means)

No comments:

Creative Commons License