18 January 2015

#Janathon Day 18 - a new thriller with a mummy, a pharaoh and a scientist ... and a gym session with a kettlebell



After my long run yesterday I thought a gym session would be good.

I did about a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill and ran 1.17 miles. Then I spent a good amount of time stretching as I hadn't had time to after my long run yesterday.  I always find it quite relaxing and the only frustrating thing is that I can't find a hard foam roller at the gym to massage my IT band, I think it's gone missing.

Next I headed to the weights section and did a session picking up where I left off in my routine on Friday.  Then I decided to do an exercise I keep putting off ...

My gym instructor included an exercise where I lift a kettlebell with one arm fully extended above my head.  I then keep that arm extended and do 12 step ups on a knee height platform At present I use an 8kg weight.  I then repeat this exercise with my other arm and do three sets.

I find this really tiring particularly when I use my left arm.  Anyway, I've been putting off this exercise since I've returned to the gym but decided I'd give it a go today. I'm pleased to say that it went quite well. I still get tired and my left arm does start to drop near the end of each set, but not as bad as it was the last time I did the exercise.

So the image below is not me after my workout, it's far more exciting than that.  This is the front cover of a new thriller by Robert Sharp. The story spans ancient Egypt and the present day with historical and science fiction washing together - a brilliant scientist, his ruthless companions, Pharaoh Mentuhotep IV and a mummy!

The Good Shabti
The Good Shabti


What's more you can lay your hands on a limited edition, numbered and signed copy of Robert's book, and at the same time support a new author.

Here's a link to the publisher The Good Shabti, You can also go to the Unwrapping Party.

I can't make the party as I have a rehearsal Richard, don't I Richard?  I am so committed to my craft, I'm not sure I'm very good at it though, good thing it's not my day job!

Oh yes, my Janathon running total is now 82.92 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License