04 January 2015

#Janathon Day 4 - roast dinner and wine followed by gym :-s + geek heaven

My middle son went back up to Birmingham today where he's working in a chocolate factory for his year in industry at uni, it's hard saying goodbye. Next weekend my eldest son goes back to uni too, sigh :-(

So my exercise today started off with another 3 to 4 miles of walking with Fleet and his nephew. Exercise was interrupted with a roast dinner and wine :-)  Then my wife and I dropped off my son at the station and off to the gym.  

I wasn't sure how much running to do so I figured I'd warm up for about 10 minutes on the treadmill. I ended up doing a warm up of about 12 minutes and then three sprints with a recovery in between each sprint. Only ran 2.28 miles but felt the training benefit was good. My watch tells me I hit a maximum cadence record of 197 spm, that will be since Christmas when I got it.  Another boring statistic is that my estimated VO2 max is now 45, I've no idea how accurate this is? 

I'm staggered by all the statistics my watch pumps out - vertical oscillation, ground contact time, stride length. It tells me to move when I'm at my desk, how long I should wait before running for effective recovery.  It counts my steps and sets challenges! It even buzzes and displays messages from my iPhone. I think it's in control of my life ... is this geek heaven :-)

Otherwise I still have a dry tickly cough but feel okay otherwise, hope it clears up soon and ...

... back to work tomorrow!

Janathon total 14.67 miles 

No comments:

Creative Commons License