26 January 2015

#Janathon Day 25 - flying, tax return and gym

So I got to fly today :-)

Sunday morning and the weather was fine (at last)! Headed off to Membury Airfield. Firstly I was installed in a C42 ...

All ready for takeoff
... we then taxied to the start of the runway ...


Here we go ...
... and then off we flew off!


... and we're off!
I thoroughly enjoyed it and yes I would love to learn to fly. I had a go at the controls and (typically) asked loads of questions. The throttle is between your legs, I didn't know that, and the joystick is very sensitive.  Brilliant fun and a fantastic view.  No, I didn't take any photos in the air, I just wanted to enjoy and soak up the moment. Thanks to my brother and sister for this very special treat.

Right, getting back down to earth. Later I did some work on my tax return which is not far off from been completed.  I also did some preparation for a STEM careers event I'm going to at Langley Grammar School.

Later my youngest son and I headed off to the gym, my wife decided not to join us as she was still a bit achy from her first Body Attack class the day before (I'm proud of her, I think she was the oldest there by quite a few years).  I did a 1.2 mile warm up on the treadmill before a really good stretching session (the one I didn't have but should have had yesterday after my long run).  I then went down to the weights section and did a fair amount of my upper body workout.

Janathon running total is now 116.08 miles.


No comments:

Creative Commons License