22 January 2015

#Janathon Day 21 - gradients, STEM, engineering is for girls and a short, quality gym session

My intention was a good session at the gym but just before we went out I had call for help from a neighbour's daughter with gradients.  So I helped her with her maths and quite enjoyed it really, I think I would have enjoyed being a teacher.

She was very quick to catch on and I'm sure she will do well in maths in the future, I do hope she sticks with STEM subjects. I'm quite passionate about women doing STEM subjects and really hope to see more women in engineering in the future, it's one of the reasons I've taken up the role of STEM ambassador. My year 12 engineering presentation has quite a few clips of women in engineering roles, engineering is a brilliant career choice for women.

But back to my gym session ... yes it was shorter. I thought it was a quality session where I ran 2.18 miles on the treadmill made up of a tempo session of over a mile and then some sprints at speeds between 12 mph and 12.3 mph. I finished off with a good stretching session.

My Janathon running total is now 92.78 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License