21 January 2015

#Janathon Day 20 - no running, some walking and I almost remembered my lines

I really felt pretty wiped out yesterday and worked solid for most of the day. I almost went for a run but I'm too tired, my legs ache too much etc excuses etc etc. But I did go for a walk totaling about 1.5 miles.

This morning I'm feeling good and although I didn't get that much sleep, I'm looking forward to wither a run or trip to the gym. I think the break from running has done me some good but I'm not sure if it's physiology or psychology? Maybe I'll find out when I try to run today.

Last night we went through the whole of Act 1 of the 'Merry Wives of Windsor' and I almost remembered all my lines, by that I mean that I stumbled in one or two places but I was still off-book.  As I had had such a busy day and still had much more work to do, I did briefly wonder if I should go to the rehearsal and instead get some more work done but, fortunately,

The production is a local one and you can read more about it and previous productions (only every two years) at The People's Shakespeare. The director is a professional actor and playwright, Richard James, who I'm sure you might well recognise.  He seems to have endless patience and puts a huge amount of time into this production and completely voluntarily. For my part I've really seen how difficult (and tiring even) it is to act but also how much fun it can be.  So a big thank you to Richard.

So no increase in my Janathon running mileage but feeling refreshed and happy that I almost remembered all my lines :-)

No comments:

Creative Commons License