11 June 2011

Day 10 of Juneathon - miserable run with runner''s trots but I have finished Vol 1 of 'War and Peace'

My run yesterday was very difficult.  I set out but just had no energy at all, sigh.  I had planned to run a little further, despite the tiredness.  Alas, I had to turn round and hurry home as soon as possible. I occasionally suffer from runner's trots but haven't had a problem some time ... until yesterday.  So my run today was just over 4 miles making my Juneathon total about 73 miles. I had a really good sleep afterwards, hope that helps.

Next week I'm expecting to be able to run with my dog, he's not coughing any more and his antbiotics course ends on Monday. Who knows, maybe I might run a few more miles, that is if I have the time and energy ... and feel fit enough.
I've also just finished the first volume of 'War and Peace'.  I'm really enjoying it but it does take a little time to get to know the main characters - a marathon read!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those Russians.... I remember being mightily confused reading W&P by the way they all have so many different names. My copy had a diagram showing who everyone was, which got a lot of use.

Wishing you more pep and less poop as Juneathon epic unfolds!

Chris said...

I hope the pup bounces back quickly!

Jenks said...

runtezza: I lost track of two characters, Boris and Nikolai Rostov, in one of the wars - very confusing. I later worked out who did what. A diagram would be useful, it doesn't help that I'm uncertain how to pronounce most of the names.

Thank you for the pep, I don't mind the poop but just at the right times :o)

Chris: I had to reread 'pup' ... the mind boggles! He's looking quite bright today - he gave us such a forlorn look as we went out for a run :-(

Anonymous said...

Tolstoy & Juneathon simultaneously? Good heavens, you're a glutton for punishment :-)

Creative Commons License