08 June 2011

Day 8 of Juneathon - Cubbing and I think I want to do the Comrades, maybe!

Tired tonight, yawn!

Went Cubbing tonight, first time back as a Cub Leader for 3 or 4 years ... noisy, good fun. The Cubs seem smaller!  Must be having teenage sons.

Earlier today had a phone call from my doctor asking me to go to the hospital for another blood test so this made my afternoon a little disruptive - nothing serious.  I can't believe the lack of parking at the hospital, madness.  Need to catch up tomorrow, when will I fit a run in?

Did my run this morning (fortunately), just over seven miles.  Listened to episode 70 of Marathon Talk where they were talking about the Comrades.  I grew up in South Africa, south of Durban, and the Comrades is probably the first running race I was really aware of.  I used to be in awe of people who run the Comrades, in fact I still am.  I really want to run it but it's just soooo long.  It's hard enough running a marathon, to run an ultra!  I really ought to give it a go .... hmmm.

Anyway, Juneathon total is now just over 62 miles.  And ... I've almost finished volume one of 'War and Peace', it's actually quite good :o)  I might bore you with details later in the month.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

I read your title as "Clubbing" rather than "Cubbing" . . . two quite different things really.

I've been listening with interest to the Comrades talk on MT, sounds like an amazing race. Would be a fantastic experience. Nudge, nudge.

Jenks said...

Definitely Cubbing, sadly the last time I set foot in a club was my brother's stag night :-s I really should get out more! The nudges are helping, I just might :-)

Creative Commons License