24 June 2011

Day 23 of Juneathon - a run that was shortened and Marathon Talk's Magic Mile Challenge sounds tempting

Went for my run after dinner yesterday, not a very good idea.  I had hoped to run further but (on account of having dinner) I needed to turn back home and walk a bit to prevent a run.  This is a subject I've covered before so no more detail is required!

So I've run every day in June and I must admit I feel like a rest now.  Almost without fail, a rest of a day or two improves my performance ... slightly.  All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not Ron Hill.  What a bind to 'have' to run to keep your record going! I'm enjoying Juneathon but there is a limit to it (namely July) but to run every day since 1964! Now I know he is revered and has god-like status in the running community and I admire his achievements but .... not this one I'm afraid.  He has run every day for almost every day of my life and it just seems to me to be a bit, well, obsessive ... a bit like me at the moment :-)   

I listened to Marathon Talk and the 'The Marathon Talk Magic Mile Global Team Challenge' (that's a bit of a mouthful) seems like fun, well a bit of challenge.  I've been thinking that I'd like to concentrate on some speedwork and this might provide the motivation.  Anybody else tempted?

So I managed to run about 4 miles yesterday before having to head home, lifting my Juneathon total slightly to 157 miles, I was hoping it was going to be 160 miles, oh well.

No comments:

Creative Commons License