01 June 2011

Day 1 of Juneathon ... but no running dog :-(

Juneathon!

Sadly I couldn't run with my dog today, we took him to the vet and we think he has Kennel Cough. He was all lined up to do Juneathon with me too. The vet thinks that he might have caught it when he went in for a general checkup (he has one every six months).  I always explain to the vet that he is an active 'running' dog and he gets all the injections, worm tablets, solutions etc etc ... surely the vet should suggest the Kennel Cough vaccination?  Maybe it doesn't work so well.  Oh well, he is a bit of a sad dog at the moment.

However, my lovely wife has started running so I'm very pleased.  So today we ran 2.7 miles before rushing back so that she could go off to see my youngest (for the second time) in High School Musical. I stayed home with my two sons who are (should be) studying for various AS and A2 exams.

Later I went for another run of about 9 miles. I feel much better, who cares about the Olympic tickets I didn't get, my dog will be better soon I'm sure, oldest sons are bound to do just fine in their exams and I guess we'll figure out how to get our 'performing' son to ever changing rehearsal times and performances and we can work how to get middle son to university open days across the length and breadth of the country and yes I am really, really busy at work ... but a good run and all is okay! And my friends ask me why I run :-)

So rounded up Juneathon total is 12 miles.   

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Poor running dog, I hope he gets better soon.

And you're right about running clearing the head. Helps to put all those pressures and things we get worked up about back in perspective.

auswomble said...

welcome back Jenks! Obviously I am glad to see you back on your feet, but there is a part of me that thinks "game on" when I *was* thinking "it's a bit of fun, take it easy." Repeat 10o times Kevin, this is not meant to be a competition, this is not meant to be a competition, this is...

Paintedrunner said...

Oh dear! I hope running dog is better soon. What a lovely positive blog

Jacqueline K Tongue said...

I run with my dog, Pongo the Dalmatian and hubby along side on the bike. Pongo send doggies hugs to your dog and wishes him better soon x

Chris said...

I was so glad to see your posts pop up in my blog reader! Yay for Juneathon.

Odie swam in the sea with me til he was full of sea water and then some.

Jenks said...

Kathryn: He hopes so too, he gives me such a pained, hurt expression when I go for a run without him. But my run helps me forget :o)

auswomble: 'I'm back' but so are you screaming ahead clocking those miles. I'm not planning on competing this time, not enough time, too much work, too much generally! Good to be doing another -athon again :-)

Lena: Thanks Lena.

Jacqueline K Tongue: Fleet (our Border Collie) responds likewise adding how unfair it is that his servants go running without him.

Chris: I will not tell Fleet of your swimming as it will cause much despondency (bordering depression) I fear. Good to be communicating again with -athon friends, what happended to those months inbetween? Sigh! I'm so busy at the moment, good for the business but not my running ... I expect you'll be busy too!!

Creative Commons License