22 June 2011

Day 21 of Juneathon - my son's first performance of 'The Railway Children' and what we're seeing at the Olympics

What a long day!

It's exam time in our household so life is extra busy and stressful.  Also, last night was my son's first performance of 'The Railway Children' in London and he only got home about 11.45pm, then wanted something to eat!  All in all, a very busy time and not the best time to fit in a long run.

Despite all that, we did manage to fit in a run and I was able to run about 3 miles with my wife and our dog.  Fleet even squeezed in a swim!  We also had a good chat with a friend we hadn't seen for a while, so it wasn't so bad. I did almost forget to log my run and it was only uploaded online at 11.56pm!

I don't know how I'm going to fit in a run today.  I've dropped off my son for his exam this morning, later he needs to go for a suit fitting for his Leaver's Prom and I've got Cubs tonight ... and all inbetween I work, whew!

Other news:
We have now found out that we will be seeing the athletics at the Olympics on the evening of the 7th August. Events at that session will be:

Women's 3000m Steeplechase Victory Ceremony
Men's High Jump Final
Women's Long Jump Qualifying Rounds - Groups A & B
Women's 100m Hurdles Semifinals
Women's Pole Vault Victory Ceremony
Men's Discus Throw Final
Men's 800m Semifinals
Women's 200m Semifinals
Men's 400m Victory Ceremony
Men's 1500m Final
Women's 100m Hurdles Final

Brilliant!  :-)

Not quite Olympics but my Juneathon total is 145 miles, my wife's is 27.5 miles and Fleet's is 14.5 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License