14 June 2011

Day 13 of Juneathon - went running with my wife and ........ dog :-)

Fleet, our dog, came running with me and my wife yesterday.  He was very excited and pulled his lead quite a bit.  We did just a short run of just over 2.5 miles at a nice easy pace - dogs need to be eased into exercise after being sick, just like humans and I had done a longer run yesterday.

Felt a little discomfort in my knees but that subsided after about a mile.

My total Juneathon mileage is now 91 miles.  Fleet's Junathon mileage is 2.5 miles and my wife's is 20.5 miles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad your dog gets to join in the Juneathon fun at long last.

The Joyful Traveller said...

Your dog must love it, I used to take my dog running, our paces were all over the place on minute he would be pulling me the next he'd just stop. I only him running if he's can run of the lead.. Great mileage

Jenks said...

abradypus: He was so excited, pulled us along with his lead (first section is along a road before we let him loose across the fields). To be honest, I think he set off too fast as he was quite tired at the end.

Mum what Runs!: Thanks. I find our dog pulls quite a bit at the start and then settles down. He doesn't like running on tarmac and at the end of the run (when he's not as fit) I sometimes find I'm pulling him a little!

Creative Commons License