06 June 2011

Day 6 of Juneathon - this was my day but I got to 50 miles :-)

What a day.  Wrote three letters for various requests, permissions etc for my sons for school. Started work, frustrated with a research project we're working on with top universities, need info not getting it! Took tow oldest sons to school for A level exam. Worked on another project, designed some circuits but CAD crashed!!!! Grrrr!  Wife calls to say we need to take Kennel Coughed dog to vet "I can't!" says I (she sought sit out for tomorrow). Receive text from my sister and arrange to meet up with her, my brother-in-law and my beautiful little nieces at Legoland, feel much better :-) :-)  Reentered circuits. Provided directory and information services to lady with son who wants to join Scouts (we have a big, full Scout group), nice, friendly lady so felt even better. Entered some new circuits, determined to finish circuits before starting dinner (wife has to visit client this evening). Finish circuits later than expected. Start making dinner late dinner, empty dishwasher, clear mess on kitchen surfaces mainly from teenagers eating food during day, continue to make dinner, aware grocery delivery is at 8pm - ding. dong, groceries arrive HALF AN HOUR EARLY, I'm cooking, everything is almost cooked, all teenage sons have disappeared and out of earshot, grills on, pots on stove. microwave bleeping, dog (with Kennel Cough) is planning escape.  Run round house, grab two oldest sons, shopping (tons and tons of it) is deposited in kitchen, sons disappear, all available space is now taken by shopping .... no space for cooking!!  Start unpacking, cooking, loading dishwasher in vain attempt to clear space to dish out food.  Realise frozen food and other perishables are in danger of perishing in hot kitchen, seek out all perishable items and create piles and piles, while cooking.  Phone rings ... my wife "What!" I say.
"I'm leaving now", she says.
"Only now!!" I think.
"I've got loads of shopping everywhere!!" I say.
"Get the boys to help"
"Yeah right", I think.
"I've got to go. Bye", put phone down.
I can't do it so holler for oldest sons to help me NOW! They put frozen and perishables away (she was right). I have just enough space to dish up. We four eat, they complain about bones in slightly overdone trout, I growl.  Clear up. Give dog crushed up medicine in mushed up dog food and excite him significantly so he gobbles food down without noticing laced tablets.  He looks happily at shadows so is getting better. 
I wait then go out for run.
It's so hard tonight, my legs are still aching from hill running but ... I do it.  Just over 6 miles to make my Juneathon total 50 miles :-)  However, I am still in running gear and I really need a shower and I have to be at the Asthma clinic at 8.30am and I have a meeting with BBC afterwards.
But now I have logged, blogged and am totally wiped out! I am not checking this post ... publish now!

3 comments:

Paintedrunner said...

Well done still achieving your goal after such a busy day

Running Meditations said...

What a manic and productive day! Pulling out all the stops for Juneathon.
50 miles is very impressive. I hope you have a more relaxing day 7.

Jenks said...

Lena: Thank you, at least I have a bit more time on the weekend ... just!

Running Meditations: Sometimes life can be so manic that it's hard to see if it was really that productive! :-)

Creative Commons License