18 June 2011

Day 18 of Juneathon - sore nipples (the sequel) including mentions of gaffer tape, pasties and a dead goldfish

Set off for my run this morning, then about half a mile in it started pouring with rain again!  Put some Brave Soldier Friction Zone, which ordinarily works well, before abrasion, before soreness and tenderness, but evidently not after nipple grazing! So in desperation I put more on, to be precise two big dollops on each nipple and then (like a wimp) I ran home as fast I could in straight jacket mode as I did yesterday.  I'm half way home and guess what, the soreness subsides, and (remarkably) so does the mental image of sandpaper against my nipples. 

I get home, ring the doorbell, and while I wait for my son to answer the door, I decide that I'm going to turn round and try again ... which I did (not such a wimp now). But not before my sons have had a good laugh at the two white circles on my blue shirt where my nipples were!  I set off and ... I was okay.  Total mileage today was just over 9 miles, I did wait under some trees at one point during a spell of rain but otherwise I was fine.

Carrick "Pyro" Armer says to use Gaffer tape, big big ouch! Surely I'm going to end up with bald patches on my chest ... but it might work.  Will function (or experimentation) win over vanity?

 henniemavis, I've tried the bandaids before but it just doesn't stick on the hairs, thanks for the sympathy by the way (sarcasm intended), women don't seem to have the same problem. Same 'sympathy' I received from my sons who suggested I wear a bra!  And no, henniemavis, pasties don't work!

Kieron Chapman  suggested Boots micropore surgical tape. Same possible problem as Gaffer tape (i.e. bald patches and pain of ripping out chest hairs sited around sensitive nipples) but some how I think it might be better.

runtezza ... showering, I know, I know ... that water really fires up the soreness of the nipplies, ouch, ouch, ouch!  I agree that sports apparel companies are missing an opportunity, as long as they don't take up my sons other suggestion of placing holes where your nipples are!  That would just look kinky!

Moving on from my nipples ..

After my run I headed down to the Summer Fair where this afternoon the rain largely subsided until about 4.30pm.  I had a good time and chatted to a few people between a few jobs I was given. Ended up looking after the toddler bouncy castle just before the 4.30pm downpour, an easy job :-)  Plus ... we won six bottles of wine on the raffle, or rather my wife won six bottles of wine with raffle tickets that I paid for but that she had put her name to!  It doesn't matter, I have possession of the wine ;-)

In other news:
A goldfish (one of five my son came back from an earlier fair with) died this morning. We have rehoused the remaining four in more suitable accommodation that includes a bubbler oxygenation thingy and filter in the hope that the remainder will have a happier time and a longer life.
We had an Indian takeaway this evening which is a piece of news that indicates a level of rambling is beginning to set in which suggests it's bedtime.

Juneathon total is now 123 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License