15 June 2011

Day 14 of Juneathon - happy knees, a late night pick up and sons who 'might' run

Morning chaos (including blog before work), work, eat lunch and work, work, stop, eat dinner, wait a 'few' minutes, RUN, log run (just), phone call from son saying he'll be home earlier from rehearsal, shower at lightening speed, drive 20 minutes to pick up son from rehearsal .... he's not early (he's on a coach from London), pick up son, drop friend off ... I must have been home past 11.30pm, go to bed!

So the run ... it went quite well actually. It was a good seven miles in under an hour and my knees are still happy. No dog today, he is still recuperating. He had already had a 'very' energetic play with my eldest son who is writing A levels, and my run was a bit rushed. Besides I had planned a sustained pace and a longer distance that he wouldn't really be happy with at this stage.  The vet says I have to bring up his fitness as I would for a human.

Talking of bringing up fitness as I would a human, my two eldest teeange sons have both made murmurings that they might like to do some running.  I think starting to run can be quite daunting but I know that I will be lagging behind them in no time!  Fingers crossed, I'd love to run with my sons.

Cubs tonight! I don't know how I'm going to fit in a run today? Maybe lunch time?  It will have to be fairly easy run.

My Juneathon total is about 98 miles .... maybe I should have run a couple more miles, but when!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case I miss it, congratulations on your ton!

Jenks said...

@runtezza Thanks, taken me a little longer this time but my knees are okay this time ;-)

Creative Commons License