25 June 2011

Day 24 of Juneathon - steaming (as in water vapour) and seven wet ones

Why do I find it so hard to go out in the rain for Juneathon but for Janathon when it was really horrible I found it easier, have I become soft?

Anyway, I looked out the window and complained to my wife that it was raining, she promptly told me not to be a wimp and kicked me out the door, well sort of.  A short run it was to be, maybe a couple of miles ... which turned into four ... then six ... and ended up being seven.  Seven wet miles :-)

I stopped just under half way at three miles (at that stage I thought it was half way) and I noticed steam!  Steam?  I looked around to find the source and strangely the steam seemed to be following me!! Yes readers (or maybe reader looking at my stats - 'Hi, Mum') I was steaming and I actually felt a little self conscious about it, it must have looked very odd ... perhaps even creepy :-s All that steam escaping wherever there was a hole ... wet and steamy, like a swamp thing, a running swamp thing.

I'd tell you about the rest of my day but it would only bore you so I shall leave you with my Juneathon total of 164 miles.  University visiting with my middle son tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how you felt when steaming, you self-conscious Swamp Thing, HA!

I'm a bit opposite. It happens to me all the time when running in winter (often below freezing temp & snowy here). Steaming makes me feel stronger, powerful, like I can push harder somehow when I'm steaming... I feel like a draft horse!

Have fun University-shopping tomorrow. Watch it be a gorgeous sunny day while you can't run... ain't it the way?

Creative Commons License