05 June 2011

Day 5 of Juneathon - wet run, aching thighs, all reminds me of Janathon

My thighs are aching a bit from the hill running so going for a run today was a little difficult, but I did it. I was planning on doing a run with my wife but she's having a break today, as I have said, she has done really well.  So my plan was to run earlier so changed into my running gear.  Alas I spent hours wandering around the house in my running kit, much to the amusement of my sons.  I eventually got round to going out just when it started raining!  So a run in the rain, in summer ... actually reminded me of Janathon.  Needless to say I came across no other runners.

Set off and was sure I started my Garmin but realised just over two miles in that no mileage was registering. Might have accidentally stopped the timer putting on my jacket, I've done that before, maybe the buttons should have a shield. It wouldn't be so bad had it not been that I felt like I was flying and my speed looked good too, oh well.  So started my Garmin and ran another three miles and turned round and retraced my steps and calculated the bit I'd missed out at the beginning.  Ran just over 10 miles and very wet I was at the end. 

Running Free says my Juneathon total is about 44 miles. Back of my thighs were still aching at the end of my run today and I was so hungry, easy run tomorrow I think.

No comments:

Creative Commons License