30 June 2011

Day 29 of Juneathon - work, PC problems, Art Exhibition, Cub cycling and more work

I always knew it was going to be a busy week and yesterday was something of a peak of business.

Up at 6am and started work and completed circuit diagram design before breakfast. Did some household chores, breakfast etc., did some more work. Had my lunch at my desk, loaded bikes into car ready for Cubs. Did some more work.

Tried closing my computer, it crashed!  Had to leave for my son's art exhibition at 4.45pm. 

Great to see my son's work :-) He's a very good artist.  I'm sure that the art teacher believes I'm the one that's convinced his prized pupil to drop art, I'm the engineer that he believes just wouldn't do art. Some people think you can't love/do art if you also have a scientific bent, sigh!  Anyway, it was my son's decision to choose Chemical Engineering at uni and to drop art for A2 but I'm not sure I will convince the art teacher.

Dashed off from the school, went home and found my PC wasn't booting. Wondered how I was going to log my run, wondering how I was going to fit in a run! Changed for Cubs and rushed out to meeting point for cycling with Cubs.  Had a brilliant time cycling with the Cubs across the fields for about an hour and a half. Eventually arrived home about 9pm, still no run!

Changed for run, but very hungry so grabbed a slice of bread and a gel.  Started a recovery on my PC and set off for run, much later than 9pm. Started worrying if I would be able to download my run ... tried forgetting about this and listened to Marathon Talk.

Ran six miles and returned home to dinner. Had my dinner straight after my run.  Decided I'd better check my PC (putting this off), glanced at my Garmin and it was starting to download :-) so tentatively looked at my PC - it had booted up :-) :-) Downloaded and logged my run, whew!  My son comes home from his performance ... I eventually get to bed in the early hours of um, today. 

Up at 6am ....

My Juneathon total is now 197 miles.

1 comment:

abradypus said...

I thought of you today as a bus went past sporting an advert for The Railway Children.

Creative Commons License