18 June 2011

Day 17 of Juneathon - sore nipples!

Sore nipples!  I've got sore nipples! 

So after a very busy day today I thought,
'right, time for a run and who cares if it's raining.'
... raining ... it was pouring! So I searched for a clean running shirt and decided I'd wear the Asics running shirt that I don't really like very much and hardly wear.  Put on my running kit and wet weather gear and set off, in the pouring rain. I decided that I'd run about 7 miles but after a mile and a half my nipples started getting sore.  Stupid Asics shirt when wet must turn into sandpaper!  I decided that I'd better turn round before my nipples started to bleed, grrrr! So only 3 miles today.

I must have looked a right t'w'it as I ran home trying to run so that my running shirt didn't cause any more abrasion.  It must have looked like I was running in a straight jacket.  I must remember to put some Brave Soldier on next time when it's raining, or just stay inside.

In other news ... well it's raining ... and we have a Summer Fair tomorrow ... a Summer Fair!

Juneathon total is now 114 miles, hopefully my nipples will recover by tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so many comments begging to be made... but let me just keep it to a sincere: Sorry about your nips!
[snigger]

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm trying to be straight now. I don't know what Brave Soldier is, but I know some guys who put Bandaids over their nipples under their shirts, to negate abrasion.

Or perhaps you could get a nice pair of pasties? [snigger]

Oh geez, if you strike me in comment moderation, I totally understand. It's just that this post, you have to admit, it's kinda funny?

Kieron Chapman said...

I use Boots micropore surgical tape. Dirt cheap, and i've completed 10 mile runs in the sweltering heat and still removed a few hairs when peeling them off. Vaseline and the like was never pleasant!

Anonymous said...

Worst thing about this unfortunate condition (in my experience) is how simple things like taking a shower remind you forcefully that you have sore nipples, even after you have forgotten the fact! Why haven't sports apparrel companies sorted this issue out for us poor sensitive chaps?!

Carrick 'Pyro' Armer said...

Gaffer tape. 's all you need. Just watch out when you take it off if you're a hairy bugger like me.

Jenks said...

Thanks for all your comments, you are all quoted in Day 18 of Juneathon. Yesterday (day 19) I tried out the Boot's micropore surgical tape and it worked :-)

Creative Commons License