30 June 2011

Day 30 of Juneathon - completed, thank you Cathy :-)

I really did not feel like running this evening. I'm tired, I have a swollen calf from an insect bite from last night's run, it was almost 9pm and I'd not long eaten.  But I dragged myself out and staggered seven miles of pseudo running to the music of John Barry, it was a lovely evening, when I took the time to notice.  My main problem (a recurring one) was eating to soon before running, I won't go into all the details!

My final Juneathon total is 204 miles and besides tiredness and a swollen calf I'm still in one piece which is a better result than Janathon.

This month I've started running with my wife again and my middle son, with a promise from my eldest son that he wants to start running too.  Tonight is also my eldest son's Leaving Ball so that's my first child out of school, sigh!

A big thank you to Cathy and her team for organising Juneathon :-)

I must get to bed now as I have a long drive tomorrow, I'm taking my son to another university open day.

4 comments:

JogBlog said...

7 miles when you can't be bothered? Eek. Well done!

Carrick 'Pyro' Armer said...

Well done, Jenks. I spotted your tally when I uploaded and contemplated heading out for another 3 miles to chase you down, but then someone handed me a cuppa...

Good work on the month, and glad it worked out better than January for you!

abradypus said...

So by Janathon, will it be the Thames, a runner, his wife, his two sons and his dog?

Anonymous said...

thank you

Creative Commons License