26 June 2011

Day 25 of Juneathon - busy ... and it's going to get even busier!

Up early yesterday so that we could make our way to Surrey University in good time.  We were all very impressed by the campus and, even more importantly, the Chemical Engineering Department.

We arrived back home later in the afternoon and then went for a run with my wife and Fleet (our dog).  Ran an easy 3.5 miles with a couple of stops for Fleet to have a swim, it was actually quite humid. A busy rest of the day and that was it.

My Juneathon mileage is now 167 miles which is what my total Janathon total mileage was.  I'm not sure how much running I can fit in today, we'll see.

In fact it's going to be a really busy week, my youngest is performing today, has Press Night on Tuesday and is also performing on Wednesday. My middle son has a visit to Imperial on Thursday and Birmingham Uni on Friday, he then leaves for an Engineering Headstart course on Monday at Loughborough Uni and comes home on Thursday, and the we go to Cambridge on Friday after which I have to be back in time to got to a wedding reception in the evening. My eldest has his last exam tomorrow, his Leaver's Ball on Thursday and then is off to Greece on Saturday and comes back the following Saturday, two trips to Gatwick ... sigh! So I'm both taxiing and visiting universities a great deal over the next two weeks, plus I have Cubs and a career talk on engineering for the Year 12s ... and I have so much work to do so I shall be trying to slot that around everything else including, unfortunately,  today and possibly next weekend.  Oh well, the hedges shan't be cut but I will still fit some runs and some family time in, I'm doing a barbecue tonight :-)

As I said my Juneathon total is 167 miles, my wife has now run 31 miles in June and Fleet has run 18 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exhausting post to read, let alone do. One of my lads took university shopping very seriously -- but found each successive one so attractive and connvincing that it made choosing a lot harder! Now happily doing zoology at Leeds.

Creative Commons License