12 June 2011

Day 12 of Juneathon - wet weather gear and going to see my son in 'The Railway Children' :-)

What a rainy day!  I was going to do a run with my wife but she wasn't keen on a run in the rain ... we've gone walking in the rain before but it wasn't quite as dreary, or romantic  (don't know why). 

I kept waiting and hoping that the rain would stop but it didn't look too hopeful so I put my wet weather gear on and off I went ... I sort of dragged myself out the door, lots of sighs and puffing and grumbles.  I did about a 12 mile run today and the the first half was really quite wet with a head wind too! Half way I was feeling quite tired but listening to Marathon Talk helped to distract me from the awful weather.  Anyway, the weather for the second half was better. I completed the 12 miles but I think I might have been a bit too hot for the second half.  Since returning I've been quite thirsty, and tired but I still want to do the Comrades ... madness!

Otherwise it's been a fairly productive day. I've now booked tickets to see my son in 'The Railway Children', I'm looking forward to that. He has technical rehearsals in London this week, some quite long days for a 13 year old.  He will performing at Press Night too, all very exciting.

I've also prepared my CEng application for the final sponsor to sign it.  It doesn't seem to be that important in what I do to be chartered and I've been stage 1 chartered (i.e. my academic qualification is at the right standard) for ages and ages. Not been chartered doesn't seem to have lost us any business but it doesn't hurt to jump through the hoop. Anyway, I thought I ought to tick it off the list of things for me to do, eventually! The head of the section at the IET that deals with the applications looked over my application and has given it the thumbs up, let's see how it goes. The only problem is when I become chartered I have to pay out more money each year, sigh!

Back to Juneathon, my total now appears to be 89 miles.  I think I might do an easy run tomorrow, hopefully with my dog :-)  He will be a 'little' out of condition ;-)

No comments:

Creative Commons License