28 June 2011

Day 27 of Juneathon - hot and humid 10 miles and my eldest son has finished school

It was threatening a thunder storm yesterday afternoon so I decided I'd better squeeze in a run before any thunder and lightening.  Ran from home, then along the river, over the river and back a different route.  It was very hot and humid so I kept the pace slower. 

I didn't take a drink with me but I did pop into a shop and bought myself a Lucozade Sport at about mile,  irritatingly I couldn't make use off the special offer for two bottles!  That drink tasted soooo good :-)

I ran past a group of people dressed up waiting for a boat trip, looked a bit uncomfortable in this heat.  I guess people probably thought the same about me but it wasn't that bad, yes I was hot and sweaty but I felt okay - I'd definitely rather be running in the heat than having to dress up in it! Anyway, it was good to fit in a longer run as I wasn't able to on the weekend.

In other news, it was my eldest son's last exam yesterday which brings to a close his schooling, end of an era.  My youngest son is performing at the Press Night for The Railway Children in London tonight so he'll be leaving school a little earlier this afternoon.

My 10 miles brings my Juneathon mileage to about 182 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great mileage :-)

Creative Commons License