07 June 2011

Day 7 of Juneathon - asthma checkup went well and a gentle run that wasn't

Went for my asthma checkup today, all well and my peak flow is as expected for my age.  However, last year my peak flow was above average and the only real difference is that I was swimming more so this adds further weight to plan to really tackle swimming after Juneathon.  And ... I have used salbutamol for a year :-) This does mean that my asthma is now quite well controlled so I agreed with the asthma nurse that it was a good time to see if I can reduce my Symbicort dosage.  This would be very good as I think the Symbicort might be contributing to the cramps I get and, of course, I don't want to take more medication than I need. 

If you are asthmatic and you carry a Ventolin inhaler I really recommend the Sports-haler for running and any other activities of that matter.  I clip this holder on my shorts when I go running.  I have accidentally gone swimming with it before, and my inhaler was still dry! Very good product, you can buy them here http://www.habdirect.co.uk/products/Sports_haler-p11510-r661 ... and I don't get any commission.

I could only fit in a run later today.  I started out thinking I would do a gentle run on account of my aching muscles but ended up doing some interval training, very tiring, maybe not as fast, but satisfying.  I know my muscles will eventually feel better and I think I can feel an improvement already, might be able to do some more hill running soon. Did about 5 miles today making my Juneathon total 55 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License