11 June 2011

Day 11 of Juneathon - my lovely Nike Free 3.0 V2 running shoes (running anorak that I am)

Went for a four mile run with my wife this morning.  Nice easy pace through the fields so we were able to have a good chat. I mentioned how I might like to run the Comrades sometime and she was very supportive.  I think I would be planning it at the very soonest in 2013, something to work towards.  I doubt if our sons would come along because of school and university.


Nike Free 3.0 V2 Blue Spark Black
What I have :-)


I try to do a few runs in my Nike Free 3.0 V2 running shoes (see above, even the correct colour).  I love running in these shoes although they took a bit of getting used to.  I've slowly increased the distance that I run in them and my only real gripe is that they pick up stones in the soles.  Otherwise they are cool and light to run in, I recommend them.  Maybe I might try some Vibram's or a similar type of shoe sometime, I have suggested it but my family threaten to disown me!  For their benefit, any suggestions on the most socially acceptable free running shoes would be greatly appreciated (or just moral support for me)?  I think it's a Dad thing, Mums seem to get away with a lot more! What would be really convenient would be to win a pair, that would get under the radar ... so let me know about any competitions :-) Please!
Vibram Five Fingers Sprint green grey Shoes
 Surely these aren't that bad ... are they?
Talking of running shoes and embarrassing my family, I actually quite like these shoes ...

These are fun!

... I think they appeal to that side of me that desperately wants to wear more colour, they remind me of summer, the sea, the beach.  A bit of fun which symbolises what running is to me, fun ... well most of the time ... when I don't have runner's trots, sore nipples or sore anything else, when I have some energy, when I'm not too cold or not too hot or not too wet .... but maybe it's still fun even with all those things.  Maybe I need some competitions for these too!

So an easy run today bringing me Juneathon total to 77 miles.

3 comments:

Paintedrunner said...

It must be lovely running with your wife.
77 miles wow well done

Tracey Edwards said...

I like the pink trainers myself! x

Jenks said...

Lena: Yes it is, now with dog too and maybe even my sons ...

Tracey: Me too, but I prefer the blue! Fun aren't they. x

Creative Commons License