16 June 2011

Day 15 of Juneathon - a dog tired dog, little Cubs, a Village Fair and hoping they're wrong!

I decided to take Fleet (our dog) for a run yesterday (day 15).  As I have explained before, I am slowly building up his fitness after he spent a couple of weeks with, what we think, was Kennel Cough.  As you would expect, he loved it but he was a bit tired in the last mile and was running behind me. In the last half a mile, when he had his lead on, he was slowing down quite a bit. I just matched my pace with his.  He had a good rest afterwards - a tired but happy dog ... dog tired!

My total run was about five miles and was around the fields and so was fairly mixed terrain. I guess I was running faster and continuously compared to the last run I did with my dog when my wife ran too.  I shall give him a rest today.

Later on I went to Cubs. Unfortunately the weather meant that we were unable to be outside to complete the athletics badge but instead we were at the Scout Hut.  Having not worked with Cubs for a few years and now that my sons are all big teenagers, the Cubs seemed quite small!  Lots of fun, I'm enjoying myself, I hope they are.  We had a new little chap this evening who was a bit overawed by the noise and excitement, he sat huddled up with his Mum.  Half an hour later he was joining in and was smiling and looked very happy ... his Mum went home :-)  Great fun.

We have our Village Fair on Saturday which is run by the Scout Group.  My wife and I are both involved in this so I'm trying to work out when to fit in a run .... maybe I will have to get up early, or rather earlier than normal! The weather forecast is not good ... let's hope they're wrong!

That's enough rambling, my Juneathon total is now about 104 miles and Fleet's is 7.5 miles.  I hope the rain stops later, I don't fancy a wet run ...

3 comments:

zoecakes said...

I help at Brownies and it's lovely when the new ones suddenly realise that it is fun after all and no longer want to huddle up to Mum! :)
Well done on your Juneathon mileage!

Anonymous said...

104 miles, excellent total thus far! Is that all running, or biking & swims mixed in? I will have to look on the group chart. Good job, either way!

Jenks said...

zoecakes: I've given talks to Brownies for their Stargazing badges, at the time we only had boys in Cubs (and I only have sons) so the experience (attentiveness) was quite different. They were very sweet :-) Thanks.

henniemavis: Thanks ... all running. I hope to do some swimming again after Juneathon.

Creative Commons License