20 January 2011

The creak came back, Scout badges and Physics Coursework

The ankle creak came back so no treadmill :-( 

This was useful  ...

... and so was this!

I didn't get to the gym today. Really busy in my work, I started early, finished late, took my son to Stage School, unpicked and then glued badges on a new Scout uniform and helped my son with his A level Physics Coursework (not sure I helped that much)!  I'm tired so this is a short blog post today.

But I did still do some exercises at home.  I concentrated on my core and completed the following set:

2 x 25 crunch
2 x 25 oblique crunch each side
2 x 25 reverse curl
2 x 1 minute plank
2 x 1 minute side plank (one each side)
2 x 25 back extension
 
It was quite tiring but I do feel I'm getting stronger.
 
Janathon mileage is 141.5 miles, nothing changes - sigh.

3 comments:

Erin Conley said...

You've got a creak, and I've been dealing with a knee "click"...but we're still moving, right? Good job keeping up with your workouts...in my opinion, and in my experience, if the creak isn't accompanied by pain or discomfort, then keep working.

And nice job helping your son with physics. I don't have kids yet, but I'm already envisioning the moment when Child A says, "I need help with math/chemistry/physics/geometry" and I have to admit that as an English teacher and history nerd, I can't help at all.

Well, hopefully I'll still be upright and running and able to help with that, at least!

You've done a fantastic job with Janathon, despite injury. Keep up the good work!

Chris said...

sorry about the creak. yoga? swimming? Yoga helped my knee stop bothering me by strengthening my quads (ashtanga style).

Jenks said...

Erin C: Sadly the creaking led to soreness.
You get another chance at learning all those subjects as your children goes through school. Relearning my tables was hard work. I've found my spelling has gone to pot though.
Thanks for the encouragement, you're doing well too.

Chris: I want to try yoga but I am a little afraid I might snap with all the contorting! But I'm sure I will, classes are free with our gym memebership.

Creative Commons License