11 January 2011

Neoprene and ice helps


No, my head is not exploding!


That headtorch is a bit scary (saying nothing of the chap strapped to it).

Half way point - I didn't venture down the path.
Well I tried one of those  neoprene knee strappy thingys, I kept fiddling around with it the first mile, decided it didn't seem to be working so I took it off.  After three miles I put it back on again, turned round and ran back home. On my return it worked a little better, I think I had it on too tight initially.  My knee is still quite sore and maybe I should rest it more.  I will go to the gym tomorrow evening and do some leg extensions/curls/bends/cracks/whirls/snaps/pops etc.

Not bad running in the evening despite been hooted at, not sure why?  Taking the photos (which aren't great) was amusing, I think drivers thought I was speed trapping with all my hi-vis gear!



Drivers wondering who the hi-vis chap is taking photos
 
So it was a bit, or maybe more than a bit, sore but I did 6 miles.  Neoprene strap thingy was also good for holding a bag of ice against my tender knee too ... afterwards that is!  Not even I would consider running with ice strapped to my knee ... well maybe?

Janathon total 126 miles.





3 comments:

JL said...

Just caught up with your blog - sorry to hear about your knee, fella. Hope it's on the mend...
Cheers,
Jules (@2011miles)

Chris said...

I love the blindingly bright head.

perhaps avoid compound leg exercises til the knees aren't talking to you?

Clive D. said...

Great halo, Keith. Will look out for you on the towpath. (I'll be walking, not running...)

Creative Commons License