22 January 2011

Treadmill running today - yay I'm running but it is boring!

I think I have said before that I have three sons, all teenagers.  This, of course, means that we have a fairly male dominated household - my poor wife! My two eldest sons have girlfriends and they are both here tonight. I realise how different it is when we have a few more females in the house, it's pleasant and ... altogether calmer I suppose. With two sons in 6th form I'm very aware that our lives will change quite dramatically in the coming years, I have mixed feelings about this. Pleased to see my sons become young men that I am very proud of, but sad when I realise how grown up they are and the little boys that they were are memories - time moves on.

Talking of growing up, my youngest son is having his induction at the gym tomorrow.  This will be his first time at the gym and I'm sure he will move from one piece of equipment to the other rather quickly.  He does dance so the gym should help build some strength and (maybe) increase aerobic fitness.  In my experience young people get a little bored at the gym, I can understand this, I get bored too.  Still, I shall have to make it as interesting as possible for him.  Maybe arrange a program for him.


At the gym today I went on the treadmill so I am very pleased.  I ran 3.5 miles too. It is boring though, to be outside would be so much better. My full set of exercises:

3.5 miles on treadmill at about 7mph
3 x 20 leg extension
3 x 20 leg curl
3 x 25 hip abductor (outer)
3 x 25 hip abductor (inner)
3 x 12 shoulder press
3 x 25 tri-cep press
3 x 15 chest press
Janathon miles are up to 145 miles :-)  But how will my Achilles tendon feel tomorrow???

2 comments:

Chris said...

my house is all boys, also. Boy boys, boy man, boy dog, boy cats, even boy turtle in the garden. (it wasn't me who checked the turtle, however. i swear). when the girls come over to see the older boy, I notice that girls have a lot more hair. and bracelets. I notice odd things like that.

Unknown said...

brilliant mileage, especially considering your injury... hope your achilles keeps playing ball now... :-)

Creative Commons License