21 January 2011

My wish for some Red Kite running ...

Well that was better.  I have found that my Achilles tendon is fine in the morning but has then started creaking later in the day and yesterday it then started getting sore.  Today it was fine so I decided to us the elliptical cross trainer followed by the grappler and I'm pleased to say all is okay.

I needed some good aerobic exercise as I've had a stressful day today.  I won't go in to details but I'm glad today is over.


The Red Kite (not my photo)

Who knows, I might be able to go running soon. I don't think that I've mentioned before that I associate my running with the call of the Red Kite.  My main running route takes me across some fields and we have loads of Red Kites there.  As I approach the beginning of my run they often give their distinctive call -  I'm missing that call at the moment. A beautiful bird that is now thriving locally since reintroduction a few years back. Hopefully I'll be doing some Red Kite running soon.

My gym session tonight included:

25 minutes on elliptical cross trainer
11 minutes on grappler (rope pull)

Janathon mileage remains at 141.5 miles

No comments:

Creative Commons License