07 January 2011

Geese, ball and wondering if I should run?


Wet, dirty but happy


Took my dog out for his morning run, in the rain ... and more mud.  I took it easy this morning as I think I might be fighting off something? My legs felt better today.


He wants the ball

I passed a huge flock of geese on the muddy field (see yesterday's photo) - hundreds and hundreds of geese! Fleet, my dog, just ignored them. Fleet did find a bright yellow ball and I eventually convinced him to leave it behind. The field had even more mud, I ended up on mud stilts but as it was raining my running shoes weren't quite so muddy when I got home. Morning run was about 6 miles



Hundreds of geese and an uninterested dog
 

I spent the day wondering if I was developing a cough so I didn't go for a run at lunchtime - if the truth be known I was probably too busy to run anyway. 


Fantastic drug - let's me run :-)

By this evening I was still unsure if I should run. I'm asthmatic and I take an inhaler morning and night, this normally controls my asthma but occasionally something will trigger it.  Anyway, I decided that I would try a gentle run along the paths in Maidenhead, any problems I would turn back or call for a lift.  I kept the run gentle and slow. It actually turned out to be a good run, it was slow, but it felt brilliant!  However, I did get a bit lost and later it did start getting very cold,  but all in all  it was a successful run. Evening run was about 10.5 miles.

This brings my Janathon total to about 79 miles.

3 comments:

Gary Vallance said...

We seem to have transformed "Will I run today?" by simply putting a "How" in front. Great work.

auswomble said...

still cranking out some good miles; I'll swap my humidity for your cold any time you like!

Chris said...

Love the photos. Nice of Fleet to pose for you in the first one. Wish I had twice-a-day running legs.

Creative Commons License