02 January 2011

Such a good husband ...

I made my good wife breakfast in bed this morning - such a good husband I am. 

A very pleasant morning it was so off we went for a walk with our dog but no sons (three teenage sons = two asleep, one baking!).  New background was taken on our walk (see below as I'm sure I will change it again).

The walk was about 5 miles and we ended up taking quite a few photos, the one above just suited a background image, I might upload other photos in the future.  Lots of runners out this morning!

Another photo of our dog :-)

In the afternoon I set off for a run just in the nick of time, the early dark evenings are quite frustrating.  My afternoon run took me up and down a hill that requires a total ascent of just under 1400 feet.  Beautiful scenery from the top overlooking the Thames but too late and dark for photos.  Part of my run goes through Marlow High Street, loads of shoppers so I resorted to running in the road as the traffic was very slow. Turned round and ran back up the hill (very steep).  Used my headtorch which also has a flashing red light at the back - it might look like a Christmas Tree but it's very safe (Alpkit Gamma headtorch).  Only problem is my hair needs a cut so I imagine I might have looked a bit odd as all my hair ends up sticking out between the straps, oh well.

Total run was a touch under 10.4 miles.

4 comments:

Chris said...

perfect timing on the first photo.

what was baked by the awake teenager? Mine only sleeps and eats. Not much has changed since his infancy.

Jenks said...

The awake teenager (my middle son) was baking a fruit cake (a Christmas cake to be precise). It will take a few days as he needs to add brandy to it. He's doing very well, baking it all from basic ingredients, even making the marzipan himself. I spent a good hour gathering all the ingedients yesterday! But I'm sure it will be well worth it - it's looking very tasty ;-)

Oscar Mike said...

The second picture blog I've read today for Janathon - really need to do that more!

Unknown said...

Impressive day 2, impressive pictures and an impressive son... I teach teenagers and I don't think many of them bake cakes in the early hours of the morning! :-)

Creative Commons License