19 January 2011

Mr Forgetful and the lost comments


Mr Forgetful - now where did I leave that comment?

With so many people doing Janathon I occasionally find that I leave a comment and then can't remember the name of the blog.  These forgotten comments (and more importantly forgotten blogs) and my inability to recall which of the 200+ blogs they were is really frustrating me.  So there are a few blogs that I haven't returned to, I'm sorry if yours is one of these blogs, although you wouldn't know that was the case, sigh.


This is it!
My ankle is creaking (i.e. my Achilles tendon is rubbing against its sheath).  It's not particularly painful but today I have curtailed any treadmill running or use of the cross trainer.  I decided I would extend my time on the grappler to 10 minutes continuously followed by another 3 minutes.  This gives me a bit more aerobic exercise without flexing my ankle.

After the grappler I mainly concentrated on strengthening my legs and also included exercises for my hip abductors. Let's hope it all works and the creaking stops, I could try a touch of WD40?

I had a read of the Power Plate instructions and exercises but a vibrating plate didn't seem to wise an exercise for my ankle.   

My trip to the gym:

3 x 25 leg extension
3 x 25 leg curl
3 x 25 hip abductor (outer)
3 x 12 single arm row on each side
3 x 25 hip abductor (inner)
10 minutes on grappler (rope pull) increasing resistance

3 minutes on grappler (rope pull)
Now I might not be able to to run and increase my Janathon miles but one benefit of this is that my wife has been going to the gym with me every night except last night :-)  She's doing very well indeed and is doing more aerobic work than me!
Janathon miles are 141.5 plus lots of gym trips. 

3 comments:

auswomble said...

you go girl! (the wife, not you...)

Unknown said...

Impressive Janathonning from you and your wife! I too have similar forgetful problems... with everything though... not just comments... age me thinks... ho hum! :-)

Jenks said...

auswomble: I've passed on the encouragement.

maggiee: She says thanks. But you're not old :-)

Creative Commons License